Expression Web Starter Kits
Expression Web Starter Kits are packages designed to instruct you and allow you to follow along with an article.
- Choose the Starter kit personal web package you wish to use from those available
- Click the link and save the file to your desktop or preferred folder
- Each of the starter kits contains all of the files you will need to work through the connecting article
- Once you have downloaded the package, you will need to import the web package into your working website in order to use it.
Make a new empty website.
(For EW 1.0 and 2.0 ) On the File menu, click New, select Website. In the New dialog box, select Empty Site, specify the location of the site, and then click OK.
(For EW 3.0 and 4.0) On the Site menu, click New Site. In the New dialog box, select Empty Site, specify the location of the site, and then click OK.
A Personal Web Package is a process in Expression Web where you can export or "package" a website with all of accompanying files and folders so that someone else can import the package into their website.
Before you can use the web package, you will need to import the files into your testbed website.
To import a personal web package
- With your new empty website open, on the File menu, point to Import, and then click Personal Web Package.
View Screenshot EW 1.0 or 2.0
(For EW 3.0 or 4.0 - On the Site Menu, point to Import, and then click Import from Web Package.)
View Screenshot EW 3.0/4.0
- In the File Open dialog box, locate and click the package you want, and then click Open.
You will receive a security warning > Click Run
- The files will be imported into your site to a folder with the same name as the starter kit you downloaded.
Expression Web Starter Kit Downloads
This starter kit includes:
This starter kit should be used to follow the New Expression Web 3.0 SuperPreview Tutorial - This starter kit was adapted from the Microsoft starter kits for Expression Web SuperPreview and as such is more succinct and condensed than the original.