Microsoft Expression Web Resources
Our Expression Web Network is committed to bringing you news of the latest happenings in Expression Web.
Expression 4.0 Changes
Expression Design 4.0, Expression Web 4.0 and Expression Encoder 4 are now available for download for free. (see links below *) Technical support is NOT available for these free versions only for previously paid for versions**. Instead support comes from the community and sites like this one. The features and functionality are exactly the same however.
- Expression Encoder 4.0* - is an application for video encoding. An array of video file formats are yours to command or you can take screen capture. Make simple edits and choose from a range of player templates and publish rich media experiences with Microsoft Silverlight. H.264 options were available only in Expression Encoder Pro, with the exception of the DreamSpark and MSDN versions of Expression Encoder Pro. - This means videos will only record for ten minutes in DreamSpark and MSDN versions, otherwise its unlimited. (Note Expression Encoder Pro is no longer available for sale)
- Expression Design 4.0* - is a vector graphic editor. Use drawing tools to design vector based drawings
If you paid for the following you are entitled to technical support on the Expression support webpage**
- Expression Studio Ultimate
- Expression Web Professional
- Expression Encoder Pro
Expression Web 3.0 Free trial
Expression Web 3.0 Free Trial is available for download. The trial lasts for 60 days. Until you buy it and enter the key, the nag screen will appear. (It is no longer available for sale) However you can download Expression Web 4.0 for free and there is no trial period.(see above)
Expression Web 3.0 (FULL VERSION ONLY NOT THE TRIAL) includes the following:
- Expression Web 3.0 + SuperPreview for Expression Web
- Expression Encoder 3.0
- Expression Design 3.0
If you have felt the need for a decent CSS editor within your web editor then look no further. If you would like error reporting at the drop of a hat then Expression Web is the bees knees.
Expression Design 3.0
Expression Design 3.0 is a professional illustration and graphic design tool that lets you build compelling elements for both Web and desktop application user interfaces.(Formerly known as Expression Graphic Designer). Download Expression Design 3.0 Trial The trial lasts for 60 days.(It is no longer available for sale) However you can download Expression Design 4.0 for free and there is no trial period.(see above)
Expression Encoder 3.0
Expression Encoder 3.0 is not available for trial download but you can download Expression Encoder 3.0 for free, this free version of Expression Encoder 3.0 does not include support for IIS Smooth Streaming and H.264 encoding.
What's new in Microsoft Expression Web?
What's New in Microsoft Expression Web 1.0?
Don't get me wrong EW is a whole different ball game but inevitably we have to compare with FrontPage 2003 and previous versions.
From a quick glance you might think the menus have just been moved around but dig deeper and you will find a veritable treasure trove of goodies just waiting for you to find them.
Right Click in the Hyperlink Dialog Panes
In the Hyperlink Dialog box once again you can now right click and
Which is more than you could in FrontPage 2002, and not right click at all in FrontPage 2003. What's more not just in the Hyperlink Address box, take a look in the Text to Display and Screen Tip panes, you will find the same features there on the right click.
What's new with Expression Web 2.0?
Remembering the Logins is back for FTP, and the Page Include is in the Customize Commands, more help for PHP and there is more.
Expression Web Tips
On how to bring out the best in the program, with choice tips just for you.
- Close All Pages
- Recalculate Hyperlinks
- Custom Toolbar
- Using Keyboard Menus
- New Style Dialog Box
- Modify Style Dialog Box
- Span Lang Fix
- Rename Style Dialog Box
- Menus and Toolbars
- Editing Window
- Task Panes
- Status Bar
- Clean Excel files in Expression Web
Expression Web Tutorials
Giving in-depth help and advice on the best way to use the features within the program.
- Insert Include Pages - Using Code Snippets to Insert Include Pages
- Setting up Expression Web - Page Editor Options - General Tab
- Setting up Expression Web - Page Editor Options - CSS Tab
- Setting up Expression web - Page Editor Options - Code Formatting Tab
- Setting up Expression Web - Page Editor Options - IntelliSense Tab
- Setting up Expression Web - Optimize HTML
- Setting up Expression Web - Page Editor Options - Authoring Tab
- How to open a web site live on the server with Expression Web using FTP
- Clean code on Paste
- Expression Web Querys
- Dynamic Web Templates in Expression Web
- Expression Web SuperPreview
- Expression Web and CSS - Information about CSS
- Creating Styles and CSS in Expression Web
- Expression Web Reports, View a Web Site Summary New
- SuperPreview Online New
Expression Web links
Expression Web links to resources and help sites, to give you a greater variety and range of assistance than you thought possible and all free no less. We list all Microsoft and Third party links that we can find and update them regularly. With a full listing of all Microsoft MVPs for FrontPage and Visual Developer - Expression
Expression Web Addons
Expression Web Addons, Addins and Plugins that support and enhance your website design editor experience. If it's not in the program yet, you can bet a developer is thinking of it.
Express your Wish List for Expression Web.
Expression Web Ebooks
Expression Web Tips Vol l Ebook
26 Original Expression Web tips for the low low launch price of $7
Expression Web Tips Vol ll Ebook
26 brand new EW Tips yet again priced at $7
Expression Web Tips Vol l and Vol ll
Bundled together at price not to missed for $13
Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook New updated Sept 2011 for SP1 and SP2.
Learn how to transition with very little pain
Setting up Expression Web (FREE)
The essential ebook to read BEFORE you get started.
Setting up Expression Web 2.0 (FREE)
Avoid future problems and set up the right way now.
Setting up Expression Web 3.0 (FREE)
Changes to be noted, settings to be changed, do it the Right Way.
Setting up Expression Web 4.0 (FREE) New Revised Sept 2011
More new features to configure, start as you mean to go on, the Right Way.
Expression Web Dynamic Web Templates Ebook (FREE)
The only ebook you need to make a head start with DWTs and to learn how to convert your site from the old code to the new.
New version now available v2.0
Expression Web Interviews
Would you like to know what the leading Expression Web professional designers think? Now is your chance to find out with our continuing tradition of interviewing web professionals for our readers. The Expression Web Interview questions are focused on Expression Web to give you insight into what the philosophies of the luminaries of the web design world are today.
- Cheryl Wise, Microsoft MVP- Expression Web
- Pat Geary, Microsoft MVP- Expression Web
- Jim Cheshire
- Corey Bryant, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
- Paul Colligan, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
- Joe Rohn, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
- Tom Brunt, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
- Corrie Haffly
- Kevin Spencer, Microsoft MVP- Expression Web
- Dustin Drees
- Ian Haynes, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
- Alex Tushinsky
- Murray Summers
- Dennis DeRobertis
- Andrew Brisbane
- Clark Kurtz
- Chris Leeds, Microsoft MVP- Expression Web
- Anna Ullrich
- Karey Cummins, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
- Steve Guttman
Expression Web User Interviews
Expression Web Books
We recommend our favourite Expression Web Books by Cheryl D Wise, Microsoft MVP - Expression Web and Jim Cheshire
Expression Web DWTs
Free Expression Web Dynamic Web Templates by Any Expression Web
Expression Web Quick TIps
Expression Web quick tips, for easy application
Expression Web Community Toolbar
Brought to you by Tina Clarke and Pat Geary of FrontPage to Expression, this Expression Web Community Toolbar gives you news and insights into the world of Expression Web. Now with EW 4.0 links.
Expression Web Starter Kits
Regular Expression Web Queries
New In case you don't like making your own queries we have bundled together some cleaning bundle queries which come in six separate downloads or in one super bundle making cleaning your site that much easier with these easy to implement query tools.